A Christmas bonus for this Grimm Year! Please find attached here an article by Professor Jack Zipes entitled “The Forgotten Tales of the Brothers Grimm”, published in The Public Domain Review. We are very fortunate to have his fascinating piece, partly as the result of “insider dealing”! Jack Zipes is of course on the Sussex Centre Advisory Board, and one of the editors of The Public Domain Review is Jonathan Gray, Project Advisor and Technical Coordinator of the Sussex Centre. Enjoy this early present!
The Chichester Centre for Fairy Tales, Fantasy and Speculative Fiction is based at the University of Chichester.
- Call for Submissions: Articles, creative writing, reviews and visual art relating to fairy tales, fantasy and speculative fiction
- Our thanks to Prof. Nikolajeva as she retires from our Advisory Board
- Colin Manlove, 1942-2020
- Call-out for reviewers
- Gossip & Tales
- Call for Submissions: Articles, creative writing and reviews relating to the work of Prof. Bill Gray in folklore, fairy tales and the fantastic
- Call for Papers: The Fabled Coast
- Call for Submissions: Articles and reviews on Robert Holdstock’s writing
- CfP – Lewis Carroll and George MacDonald: An Influential Friendship
- Images in Catriona McAra’s piece, Gramarye issue 12
- Puck of Pook’s Hill Art Competition
- CfP: Arthur Rackham in Sussex on his 150th birthday
- Where do fairy tales begin? A new book from Prof. Bill Gray explores their origins.
- A graph of folktales in Sussex and the South Downs
- June-July newsletter