Dr Jacqueline Simpson (see under ‘People’), formerly President of the Folklore Society and editor of its journal Folklore, has been appointed Visiting Professor at the Sussex Centre for Folklore, Fairy Tales and Fantasy, University of Chichester. Professor Simpson’s inaugural lecture will be in October, on a date to be announced.
The Chichester Centre for Fairy Tales, Fantasy and Speculative Fiction is based at the University of Chichester.
- Call for Submissions: Articles, creative writing, reviews and visual art relating to fairy tales, fantasy and speculative fiction
- Our thanks to Prof. Nikolajeva as she retires from our Advisory Board
- Colin Manlove, 1942-2020
- Call-out for reviewers
- Gossip & Tales
- Call for Submissions: Articles, creative writing and reviews relating to the work of Prof. Bill Gray in folklore, fairy tales and the fantastic
- Call for Papers: The Fabled Coast
- Call for Submissions: Articles and reviews on Robert Holdstock’s writing
- CfP – Lewis Carroll and George MacDonald: An Influential Friendship
- Images in Catriona McAra’s piece, Gramarye issue 12
- Puck of Pook’s Hill Art Competition
- CfP: Arthur Rackham in Sussex on his 150th birthday
- Where do fairy tales begin? A new book from Prof. Bill Gray explores their origins.
- A graph of folktales in Sussex and the South Downs
- June-July newsletter